Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £38.30Trending at £51.99
- £4.99Trending at £7.99
- £4.15Trending at £4.45
- £6.41Trending at £6.98
- £3.99Trending at £5.50
- £4.95Trending at £6.98
- £4.00Trending at £7.99
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by the author of Infante's Inferno , Holy Smoke and View of Dawn in the Tropics , this is a novel about Havana before Castro's revolution.
- Author BiographyGuillermo Cabrera Infante was born in Gibara, Cuba in 1929. He has written novels, stories, critical essays and screenplays, and has lectured at universities throughout the world. He grew up in Cuba under the dictator Batista, knew Guevara (whom he calls Chaos Guevara) and Fidel Castro personally, and lives now in England as an exile. Hailed by the Sunday Times as 'the most outstanding living Cuban novelist', he is the author of Three Trapped Tigers, Infante's Inferno, Holy Smoke, View of Dawn in the Tropics and Writes of Passage, and a collection of film criticism (written from 1954 to 1960, before his exile, under the pseudonym G. Cain), A Twentieth Century Job.
- Author(s)G. Cabrera Infante
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication05/11/1990
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Out-of-print date10/04/2014
- Weight314 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Translated byG. Cabrera Infante,S. J. Levine,D. Gardner
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.