CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £4.69Trending at £4.82
- £6.95Trending at £8.35
- £4.95Trending at £6.98
- £4.90Trending at £8.88
- £7.10Trending at £12.66
- £4.44Trending at £4.89
- £6.95Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionHe had held the title of The Fastest Man on Earth since 1983, when his Thrust 2 car set a new world land speed record at 633 mph.This is Richard Noble's story of his obsession with speed, from his early days with the crude self-built Thrust 1 jet car, to the world beating Thrust 2; culminating in Thrust SSC, the fastest car in the world.
- Author BiographyRichard Noble has been obsessed with speed since he was six years old, when his father took him to Loch Ness to see John Cobb's boat Crusader - in which Cobb was to die trying to gain the water speed record only a few months later. After a public school education Noble led two overland expeditions across Africa and Asia. On his return he briefly contemplated a career in the SAS, before working in industry for several years, while building Thrust 1 in his spare time. Following his world land speed record in Thrust 2, Noble was awarded the OBE. Nowadays he is much in demand for motivational speaking, particularly since the triumph of Thrust SSC in piercing the sound barrier for the first time.
- Author(s)Richard Noble
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- GenreAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Books (Transworld Publishers a division of the Random House Group)
- Weight295 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.