All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy the same author as Twopence to Cross the Mersey and Yes Mama , this is the story of a troubled romance between an Ajit Singh, an Indian student poised on the brink of an arranged marriage, and Peggy Delaney, a Lanchashire girl beginning to live again after the heartache of the war.
- Author BiographyHelen Forrester was born in Hoylake, Cheshire, the eldest of seven children. For many years, until she married, her home was Liverpool, a city that features prominently in her work. For over thirty years now she has made her home in Alberta, Canada. In 1988 she was awarded an honourary D.Litt. by the University of Liverpool in recognition of her achievements as an author.
- Author(s)Helen Forrester
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication09/04/1990
- GenreRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date14/11/2008
- Weight138 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- lamertonsmith12...01 Sep, 2011by
Great value and well respected author
Excellent purchase very good author our grand daughter is now reading and enjoying.We have now purchased nine more books from this author and will no doubt buy the whole collection
Best-selling in Romance & Sagas
Save on Romance & Sagas
- £7.99Trending at £8.16
- £5.40Trending at £8.99
- £4.54Trending at £7.98
- £5.74Trending at £5.84
- £4.84Trending at £8.90
- £4.28Trending at £6.99
- £2.81Trending at £2.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.