All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShoe Boots, a famed Cherokee warrior and successful farmer, and Doll, an African slave he acquired in the late 1790s. Over the next thirty years, Shoe Boots and Doll lived together as master and slave and also as lifelong partners who, with their children and grandchildren, experienced key events in American history.
- Author BiographyTiya Miles is Professor of History and American Culture at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. She is the author of The House on Diamond Hill: A Cherokee Plantation Story and The Cherokee Rose: A Novel of Gardens and Ghosts. Among other notable prizes and fellowships, she was awarded a MacArthur Foundation Fellowship in 2011.
- Author(s)Tiya Miles
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleAmerican Crossroads
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note45 h/t, 1 line, 4 maps
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £17.25Trending at £25.13
- £12.88Trending at £16.23
- £14.56Trending at £16.21
- £23.75Trending at £34.99
- £10.09Trending at £12.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.