Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/11/2012
- Series TitleNATO ASI Subseries B
- Series Part/Volume Number167
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight986 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byRoger Pynn
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
- Table Of ContentsAggregation and crystal growth.- Role of fluctuations in fluid mechanics and dendritic solidification.- The growth of fractal aggregates.- Colloidal flow.- The microworld of electrodeposition.- DLA with short-range interactions.- Effect of rotational diffusion on quasi-elastic light scattering from fractal clusters.- Theory of dielectric breakdown in metal-loaded dielectrics.- Fractal interpretation of dielectric response.- Dynamics and structure of viscous fingers in porous media.- Viscous fingering instabilities in porous media.- Multifractals.- Multifractality on percolation clusters.- Multifractals: Formalism and experiments.- On multifractals: Thermodynamics and critical exponents.- On the characterization of chaotic systems using multifractals.- Viscous fingering on percolation clusters.- Self-avoiding walks between terminals on percolation clusters.- Diffusion on percolation clusters.- Fluctuation and dissipation on fractals: A probabilistic approach.- Time-dependent effects near the percolation threshold in water-in-oil microemulsions.- Tracer dispersion, a new characteristic length scale measurement in heterogeneous porous media.- Relaxation in the random energy model.- Scaling theories for anomalous dynamics on fractals: Fractons.- Fracton interpretation of thermal conductivity of amorphous materials.- Fracton excitation in silica smoke-particle aggregates.- Evidence for phonon-fracton crossover in silica aerogels by Brillouin-scattering measurements.- Critical behaviour of elastic stiffness moduli in a random network of rigid and nonrigid bonds.- 1/f noise in random systems: recent progress.- The glass transition of polymers.- Time dependent nonlinear response of a dipolar glass.- Slow relaxation of organic low temperature glasses.- Spin dynamics in dilute systems.- Spin glass theory.- Graph partitioning as a spin glass problem.- Random lattice impurities in the zero-density limit.- Glassy relaxation in charge density wave systems.- Neural networks and statistical mechanics.- Comparison of domain growth in two and three dimensions.- Metastability and instability in an orientational glass.- Recent Theoretical developments in the kinetics of first order phase transitions.- A neutron scattering study of the kinetics of phase separation in Mn1?xCux.- On dense branching phase separation.- Crystallization kinetics of metallic glasses Co78?xFexSi9B13 probed by electrical resisfivity and magnetization.- Polymer dynamics and gelation.- Optical investigations of aggregation processes in aqueous noble metal colloid systems.- Pattern formation in lipid membranes.- Direct spectroscopy of microemulsion droplet fluctuations.- Renormalization group results for random resistor networks.- Hamiltonian formulation for the conformation and resistance of random walks.- Resonant scattering and classical localization.- Quantum percolation: Meaning and results.- Participants.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.