Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £35.14
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.84
- £4.99Trending at £6.18
- £18.99Trending at £34.13
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on the concepts of time and the life cycle, this collection of articles examines Jewish life in the Talmudic period through the lens of Jewish law and custom of the time. The essays present the cultural perspective of the sages and scholars who produced the stepping-stones of Jewish life and custom.
- Author BiographyNissan Rubin (Ph.D. Bar-Ilan University, 1977) is Professor Emeritus, Department of Sociology and Anthropology at Bar-Ilan University. His published books include: Research Methods in Social Science - Strategy, Design and Measurement. Tel-Aviv: Dekel, 1978 (with Ernest Krausz and Steven H. Miller), The Beginning of Life: Rites of Birth, Circumcision and Redemption of the First-Born in the Talmud and Midrash. Tel-Aviv: Ha-Kibbutz Ha-Meuchad, 1995 The End of Life: Rites of Burial and Mourning in the Talmud and Midrash. Tel-Aviv: Ha-Kibbutz Ha- Meuchad, 1988 and The Joy of Life: Rites of Betrothal and Marriage in the Talmud and Midrash. Tel-Aviv: Ha-Kibbutz Ha-Meuchad, 2004.
- Author(s)Nissan Rubin
- PublisherAcademic Studies Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Studies Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.