All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam Webb's story was graphically recorded in his recently discovered journal, covering actions from October 1914 until January 1916 with the Warwickshire Regiment, including First, Second and Third Ypres, Neuve Chapelle, Aubers Ridge, Givenchy, Festubert and Loos.
- Author BiographyGerald W Buxton was born in Plymouth, England, at the start of the Second World War and studied to become a professional engineer. His creative thinking combined with engineering skills enable him to develop new technologies and he soon became the owner of many world-wide patents. He was the Chief Executive Officer of a manufacturing business in New Zealand and later Vice President of Engineering for a machinery manufacturing company in the USA. On discovering the war diaries of Lance Sergeant William Webb, the grandfather of his wife Sandra Buxton, he became inspired to write Time to Remember. This book was written in the memory of William Webb and his late family, friends and comrades. Great men and unknown war heroes pass on and many of us never take the time to discover the dangers and hardships they endured so that we may live a better life today. Men like William Webb were very proud men, duty and honour always shadowing fear and death. When they returned home from war to their loving families they humbly swallowed their memories of death and destruction. They rarely talked about their war experiences, and out of respect, their families rarely enquired. In many cases our grandparents and parents pass away and we are left with little knowledge about the part they played in securing our future. By writing this book I hope we preserve these treasured memories for the future of our children.
- Author(s)Gerry Buxton
- PublisherHelion & Company
- Date of Publication15/07/2016
- GenreAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationSolihull
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHelion & Company
- Content Note20 b/w photos, 10 b/w ills, 24 b/w maps
- Width170 mm
- Height245 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £7.82Trending at £9.11
- £13.80Trending at £20.41
- £17.38Trending at £22.94
- £18.07Trending at £21.70
- £13.77Trending at £18.99
- £13.69Trending at £18.63
- £13.23Trending at £18.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.