Time to Speak: Cognitive and Neural Prerequisites for Time in Language by John Wiley and Sons Ltd (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £12.11+ £3.00 P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by bookbarn-international
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.17Trending at £9.11
- £9.51Trending at £9.68
- £10.43Trending at £11.98
- £24.99Trending at £25.53
- £12.98Trending at £14.36
- £9.89Trending at £11.34
- £16.98Trending at £17.37
About this product
- DescriptionTime is a fundamental aspect of human cognition and action. All languages have developed rich means to express various facets of time, such as bare time spans, their position on the time line, or their duration. This volume explores what we know about the neural and cognitive representations of time that speakers can draw on in language.
- Author BiographyPeter Indefrey is Principal Investigator at the F.C. Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging in Nijmegen and a Research Associate at the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics. He has a M.D. and a Ph.D. in Linguistics from the Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf. His research is on first and second language processing and its neural correlates with a particular focus on syntactic and morphological processing, word production, reading, and the development of language processing in L2 learners. Marianne Gullberg is a staff member at Radboud University Nijmegen and Research Associate at the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics in Nijmegen. She holds a Ph.D. in Linguistics from Lund University, Sweden. Her research focuses on the earliest stages of adult second language acquisition and on the advanced or bilingual stage, lexical semantics, cross-linguistic (bi-directional) influences, code-switching, and the production and comprehension of gestures.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/01/2009
- Series TitleLanguage Learning Cognitive Neuroscience Series
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight296 g
- Width154 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byMarianne Gullberg,Peter Indefrey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.