All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWINNER OF THE COSTA FIRST NOVEL AWARD 2011. Set in the Niger Delta, Tiny Sunbirds Far Away explores the world of twelve-year-old Blessing and her family. Part comic, part tragic, it shows that some families can survive almost anything.
- Author BiographyChristie Watson trained as a paediatric nurse at Great Ormond Street Hospital, and worked as a nurse, educator and senior sister for over ten years before joining UEA for her MA in Creative Writing, where she won the Malcolm Bradbury Bursary. Christie lives in South London with her Nigerian Muslim partner and their large dual heritage, multi-faith family. Christie is a winner of Red's Hot Women Awards 2012.
- PrizesWinner of Costa First Novel Award 2011.
- Author(s)Christie Watson
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2011
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Out-of-print date01/10/2014
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £38.40Trending at £51.99
- £4.69Trending at £4.89
- £4.88Trending at £6.97
- £4.90Trending at £6.80
- £5.95Trending at £7.99
- £6.98Trending at £8.96
- £4.69Trending at £6.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.