All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Other Fiction Books
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £55.77Trending at £64.34
- £3.00Trending at £4.29
- £4.90Trending at £7.15
- £7.61Trending at £7.76
- £21.95Trending at £22.74
- £15.00Trending at £16.53
- £2.57Trending at £2.85
About this product
- DescriptionThe Pulitzer Prize-winning story of the violent, intolerant, eccentric, humorous and prejudiced Deep South, seen through the eyes of children in the 1930s. Scout and Jem Finch lose their innocence when their lawyer father defends a Negro charged with the rape of a white girl.
- PrizesWinner of Pulitzer Prize Novel Category 1961. Runner-up for The BBC Big Read Top 100 2003 and The BBC Big Read Top 21 2003. Shortlisted for BBC Big Read Top 100 2003.
- Author(s)Harper Lee
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication05/12/1991
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVintage classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date08/11/2006
- Weight217 g
- Width126 mm
- Height200 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- 0151*pierce-200...04 May, 2016by
A charming evocation of a southern small town in early 20 century USA but also a searing indictment of racial prejudice deep seated and corrosive. A lawyer fights for justice and the rule of law the story told through the eyes of his daughter seeing all and understanding only some of the confusing adult world that appears at once appealing and frightening at one and the same time.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- vina.holly14 Aug, 2011by
Brilliant book, a classic....
Fantastic book about the old south written through the eyes of a little girl. Was recommended to me by a school teacher years ago but kept putting it off. Very glad to have finally bought it, read it in just 3 days, could not put it down, witty and deep. Would read again and would recommend to anyone. Bought it second hand on here, which with books is always good - recycling! Very cheap, very good value for money.