All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this bold and urgent book, former Seattle police chief Norm Stamper tells us how we can finally turn warrior cops into neighbourhood-oriented community police.
- Author BiographyNorm Stamper was a cop for 34 years, the first 28 in San Diego, the last 6(1994-2000) as Seattle s police chief. He is credited as the architect of the nation s first community policing program and has a PhD in leadership and human behavior. He is the author of Breaking Rank: A Top Cop's Expose of the Dark Side of American Policing (Nation Books, 2005). He served as a founding member of President Clinton s National Advisory Council on the Violence Against Women Act, and as an advisory board member of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, along with numerous other boards dedicated to violence prevention, drug policy reform, and social justice. He has been called as an expert witness in approximately 20 police misconduct cases. He has written essays and opinion pieces for such publications as the New York Times, the Nation, time Magazine, the Guardian (UK and US), Playboy, the Los Angeles Times, San Diego Union Tribune, Penthouse, American Police Beat Magazine, and YES! Magazine.
- Author(s)Norm Stamper
- PublisherAvalon Publishing Group
- Date of Publication07/06/2016
- GenreCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNation Books
- Weight576 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.68
- £9.95Trending at £10.13
- £56.83Trending at £57.83
- £7.42Trending at £9.99
- £10.30Trending at £14.99
- £10.16Trending at £14.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.