All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1945, Rick Braithwaite, a smart, highly educated ex-RAF pilot, looks for a job in British engineering. He is deeply shocked to realise that, as a black man from British Guiana, no one will employ him because of the colour of his skin.
- Author BiographyE. R. Braithwaite was born 1922 in British Guiana and educated in British Guiana and the United States. He served in the R. A. F. His publications include To Sir with Love: Experiences While Teaching in a London School (1959); Paid Servant: A Report about Welfare Work in London (1962); A Kind of Home-Coming: A Visit to Africa (1963); A Choice of Straws (1965).
- Author(s)E. R. Braithwaite
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication04/08/2005
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight149 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Introduction byCaryl Phillips
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £8.99
- £12.18Trending at £15.18
- £5.43Trending at £8.99
- £4.30Trending at £4.55
- £6.27Trending at £7.98
- £4.63Trending at £6.28
- £5.46Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.