All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £23.69Free postage
- £23.03Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionSet during the Depression in the depleted farmlands surrounding Augusta, Georgia, this is the story of the Lesters, a family of destitute white sharecroppers. Debased by their poverty, they fear they will descend to a lower rung on the social ladder than the black families who live near them.
- Author BiographyErskine Caldwell (1903-1987) was born in Newnan, Georgia. He became one of America's most widely read, prolific, and critically debated writers, with a literary output of more than sixty titles. At the time of his death, Caldwell's books had sold eighty million copies worldwide in more than forty languages. He was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Letters in 1984.
- Author(s)Erskine Caldwell
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication30/09/1994
- Language(s)English & English
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Weight240 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.24Trending at £4.97
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £10.97Trending at £13.47
- £3.80Trending at £4.52
- £4.93Trending at £8.97
- £14.60Trending at £18.95
- £4.20Trending at £4.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.