CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.73
- £10.35Trending at £11.00
- £8.72Trending at £9.13
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £8.91Trending at £9.94
- £24.93Trending at £25.91
- £11.71Trending at £12.83
About this product
- Author(s)Edgar T. Iwamoto,Glen R. Van Loon,Layten David,William R. Martin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication10/11/2011
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Behavioral Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number31
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1009 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
- Table Of ContentsTobacco and Health Overview: A Neurobiological Approach.- Tobacco Use and Associated Health Risks.- Behavioral Effects of Nicotine and Dependence in Humans and Animals.- Nicotine Intake and its Regulation by Smokers.- The Functions of Smoking.- Nicotine Increases Mental Efficiency: But How?.- Nicotine: Abuse Liability, Dependence Potential and Pharmacologic Treatment of Dependence.- Nicotine Actions in Models of Learning/Memory and Reward.- Discriminative Stimulus Effects of Nicotine: Correlation with Binding Studies.- Noncholinergic Mechanisms Involved in the Behavioral and Stimulus Effects of Nicotine,1 And Relationships to the Process of Nicotine Dependence.- Intracranial Self-Stimulation Studies with Nicotine.- Autoradiographical Evidence of Nicotinic Receptors in Rat Brain.- Nicotinic Modulation of Dopaminergic Neurotransmission: Functional Implications.- Neurohumoral Regulation of Neuroendocrine and Cardiovascular Function by Nicotine.- Current Concepts on the Effects of Nicotine on Neurotransmitter Release in the Central Nervous System.- Mechanisms of Nicotine Regulation of Dopamine Release in Neostriatum.- Effects of Nicotine and Exposure to Cigarette Smoke on Discrete Dopamine and Noradrenaline Nerve Terminal Systems of the Telencephalon and Diencephalon of the Rat: Relationship to Reward Mechanisms and Neuroendocrine Functions and Distribution of Nicotinic Binding Sites in Brain.- Nicotinic Regulation of Sympathoadrenal Catecholamine Secretion: Cross-Tolerance to Stress.- Central Nicotinic Regulation of Arterial Blood Pressure.- Control of Blood Pressure by Muscarinic and Nicotinic Receptors in the Ventrolateral Medulla.- Stereoselectivity of Nicotine's Central Effects and its Relationship to Pain and Cardiovascular Function.- Nicotinic Receptors in the Motor Endplate and in Sympathetic Ganglia.- Nicotinic and Muscarinic Regulation of Adrenal Catecholamine Secretion.- Nicotinic Regulation of Adrenomedullary Opioid Peptide Synthesis and Secretion: A Model to Study Monoamine Neuropeptide Cotransmission.- Neuropharmacology of Nicotine.- Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Nicotine in Man.- Metabolism of Nicotine in Smokers and Nonsmokers.- Does Smoking Decrease Eating and Eating Increase Smoking?.- Neurochemistry.- The Biochemical and Functional Nature of the Nicotin Receptor in Rat Brain.- Brain and Muscle Nicotinic Receptors: Complex Homologous Proteins Carrying Multiple Binding Sites.- The Effects of Chronic Nicotine Administration on Brain Nicotinic Receptor Numbers.- Multiple Nicotinic Receptors: Nicotinic Ligands With Different Specificities.- Nicotinic Cholinergic Receptor Recognition Sites in Brain.- Nicotinic Binding Sites in the Brain: Properties, Regulation, and Putative Endogenous Ligands.- Abstracts.- Dose-related Nicotine Effects on CNS Binding and Behavior.- [3H]Acetylcholine Binding to Nicotinic Cholinergic Receptors in Brain: Localization and Regulation Visualized by Autoradiography.- Acute Effects of Tobacco on Human Brain Stem Evoked Potentials.- Effects of Nicotine on the Development of an Invertebrate Embryonic System.- Effect of Nicotine on the Turnover Rate of Catecholamine in the Rat Brain.- Cigarette Smoking and Parkinsonism.- Stereospecific N-Methylation of Nicotine by Intact Guinea Pig Pulmonary Alveolar Macrophages.- Biodegradable Microspheres for Sustained Delivery of ?-Proteinase Inhibitor.- In Vitro and In Vivo Biomethylation of Nicotine Enantiomers.- Perturbation of S-Adenosylhomocysteine and Inhibition of Histamine Metabolism in the Guinea Pig, by Nicotine.- Cigarette Habituation in Nonhuman Primates.- Nausea, Cigarette Smoking, Nicotine, and Pituitary Hormone Release.- The Role of Tobacco Smoking in Cutaneous Circulatory Changes Associated with Atherosclerosis.- Effect of Cigarette Rod Length on Puff and Post-Puff Respiration Topography, Respiratory Co, and Subjective Ratings in Smokers.- Effects of Smoking Topography on Nicotine and Carbon Monoxide Exposure.- Chronic N
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.