All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.15
- £6.99Trending at £8.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.77
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £6.95Trending at £8.98
- £11.32Trending at £12.34
- £6.38Trending at £6.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis translation of an undisputed classic aims to be both accurate and readable.
- Author BiographyJon Elster has taught at the Universite de Paris VIII, the University of Oslo, the University of Chicago, Columbia University and the College de France. He is the author of twenty-three books translated into seventeen languages, including Ulysses and the Sirens (1979), Sour Grapes (1983), Making Sense of Marx (1985), Alchemies of the Mind (1999), Explaining Social Behavior (2007), Le desinteressement (2009), Alexis de Tocqueville: The First Social Scientist (Cambridge, 2009) and L'Irrationalite (2010). Professor Elster is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the Norwegian Academy of Science and Academia Europaea, and Corresponding Fellow of the British Academy. Arthur Goldhammer has translated more than 100 works from French, including Tocqueville's Democracy in America. He is a three-time recipient of the French-American Foundation translation prize. France made him a Chevalier de l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres and the Academie Francaise awarded him its Medaille de Vermeil.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2011
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleCambridge Texts in the History of Political Thought
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight560 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJon Elster
- Translated byArthur Goldhammer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.