All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £3.37Trending at £3.46
- £4.40Trending at £4.58
- £11.79Trending at £12.72
- £4.75Trending at £4.84
- £10.61Trending at £15.05
- £2.95Trending at £4.62
- £9.03Trending at £14.96
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of one of the world's greatest cover artists told through his iconic 1960s and 1970s Agatha Christie paperback designs, which influenced a generation of readers and artists. Includes a variety of other art and illustration from his 50 year career.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1926 in Providence, Rhode Island, into a family of distinguished Scottish architects and town planners, Tom Adams had artistry in his blood. After a year at Cambridge University and service in the Royal Navy from 1944-1946, Tom trained at Chelsea School of Art and Goldsmiths College, London, graduating in Fine Art in 1950. A prolific cover artist, he is best known for the Agatha Christie covers he created between 1962 and 1979, though he worked also on advertising, portraits, album covers, poster prints and films such as 2001 and Flash Gordon. Tom has won various awards, notably from the American Society of Illustrators and the Design and Art Directors Association, UK. He now lives in Cornwall with his wife, Georgie, who writes children's books.
- Author(s)John Curran,Tom Adams
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication03/05/2016
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight270 g
- Width226 mm
- Height286 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.