All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFluvial Geomorphology studies the biophysical processes acting in rivers, and the sediment patterns and landforms resulting from them. It is a discipline of synthesis, with roots in geology, geography, and river engineering, and with strong interactions with allied fields such as ecology, engineering and landscape architecture.
- Author BiographyMathias (Matt) Kondolf, Professor of Environmental Planning, University of California Berkeley, USA Professor Kondolf is a fluvial geomorphologist specializing in environmental river management and restoration. At Berkeley he teaches courses in hydrology, river restoration, and environmental science. His research focuses on human-river interactions, with emphasis on managing of flood-prone lands, managing sediment in rivers and reservoirs, and river restoration, and he has published extensively on these topics. He has served as advisor to US and state agencies on river management and restoration, and provided expert testimony before the US Congress, the California Legislature, and the International Court of Justice and International Court of Arbitration in the Hague. Herve Piegay, Research Director at CNRS National Centre of Scientific Research, ENS of Lyon, France Professor Piegay is involved in integrated sciences for rivers, and works closely with practitioners, providing knowledge for river management, planning and restoration and methodological frameworks and tools, especially using GIS and remote sensing. As scientific director of the Rhone Observatory of Human and Environment Interactions, he leads an interdisciplinary scientific team conducting research on the Rhone valley, to inform management of the river, its floodplain, and tributaries. He has contributed to more than 200 papers in peer-reviewed journals and book chapters, and has coordinated several edited books.
- Author(s)G. Mathias Kondolf,Herve Piegay
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2016
- GenreEarth Sciences
- Series TitleAdvancing River Restoration and Management
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1782 g
- Width219 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Edition
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £149.84Trending at £157.41
- £14.95Trending at £15.13
- £19.38Trending at £19.63
- £11.21Trending at £12.99
- £7.88Trending at £9.98
- £9.57Trending at £12.90
- £9.45Trending at £10.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.