All listings for this product
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £12.99Trending at £22.94
- £5.79Trending at £6.97
- £39.99Trending at £49.66
- £8.90Trending at £17.45
- £32.80Trending at £50.00
- £39.90Trending at £42.09
- £9.96Trending at £10.07
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduction by Rabbi Rodney J. Mariner.
- Author BiographyRabbi Rodney Mariner has served Belsize Square Synagogue as its spiritual leader since 1982 and in that time has inspired the Congregation to progress further along its chosen path of modern Jewish traditionalism. Born in Melbourne, Victoria, in 1941, he left school at 15 and worked for several years in industry as an engineering draughtsman. But his ambition lay in the field of education and he enrolled at Monash University, graduating with an Honours Degree in English Literature and European History. He also obtained a Diploma of Education and, for a time, taught English at a secondary school. His commitment to religious and moral issues turned him towards rabbinics and he won a scholarship to the Hebrew Union College in Jerusalem, completing his studies at Leo Baeck College in London, where he obtained semicha in 1976. He became Assistant Minister at the North Western Reform Synagogue, Alyth Gardens, and, in 1978, he accepted a call from Edgware and District Reform Synagogue. He was inducted as Rabbi of Belsize Square Synagogue by Rabbi Dow Marmur in April 1982. Since then he has devoted himself to his demanding pastoral duties and has applied his considerable talents as a teacher in both the youth and adult field. He has edited and translated the Synagogue's own prayer books for Shabbat, Evening Prayers and the Festivals and his reputation as a preacher has spread well beyond the Congregation itself. His work in the wider community includes the office of Convenor of the Rabbinical Court of the Reform Synagogues of Great Britain.
- Date of Publication22/07/2004
- GenreChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight653 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Introduction byRabbi Rodney Mariner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.