All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNHL strength and conditioning coach Sean Skahan offers training and conditioning methods used by some of the world's greatest players. Included are position-specific preseason, in-season, and off-season training regimens and 200 exercises and drills to elevate individual and team performance.
- Author BiographySean Skahan was named the strength and conditioning coach of the National Hockey League's Minnesota Wild in 2016 after serving in the same capacity for the men's ice hockey and field hockey teams at Boston University for the 2015-16 season. Prior to his position with the Terriers, Skahan was the strength and conditioning coach for the Anaheim Ducks for 13 seasons. During his time with the Ducks, the team advanced to the Stanley Cup finals in 2003 and won the Stanley Cup in 2007. Before working with the Ducks, Skahan was the assistant strength and conditioning coach at Boston College and at the University of North Dakota. While earning his master's degree in kinesiology, Skahan worked as a graduate assistant strength and conditioning coach at the University of Minnesota. He earned his bachelor's degree in exercise physiology from the University of Massachusetts at Boston. Skahan holds certifications from the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), Functional Movement Screen (FMS), and USA Weightlifting. He is also certified as a kettlebell movement specialist (CK-FMS) and a StrongFirst level 1 instructor. Skahan presents at strength and conditioning conferences worldwide when his schedule permits. He lives in Boston.
- Author(s)Sean Skahan
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication10/04/2016
- GenreWinter Sports
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white halftones
- Weight816 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.06
- £4.99Trending at £6.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.