All listings for this product
Best-selling in Language Courses
Save on Language Courses
- £16.59Trending at £20.00
- £27.44Trending at £28.20
- £27.36Trending at £40.17
- £39.56Trending at £40.09
- £25.28Trending at £29.50
- £19.99Trending at £30.13
- £17.89Trending at £32.37
About this product
- DescriptionJoin millions of people who have dramatically improved their language skills thanks to the unique Michel Thomas Method, perfected over fifty years by celebrated linguist Michel Thomas. Experience significant results in a remarkably short period of time - without books, drills, memorizing, or homework.
- Author BiographyVirginia Catmur studied Portuguese at the universities of Oxford and Lisbon. As Language Editor at Hodder, she worked in the studio with Michel Thomas and has since developed courses in new languages using the Michel Thomas Method.Michel Thomas (1914-2005) had an amazing life. Born in Poland, he spent his early years in Germany and then in France, where he studied psychology at the Sorbonne in Paris. When war broke out, he fought with the Resistance and suffered imprisonment in labour camps. At the end of the war he joined the US liberation army and later settled in the US where he established his world-famous language school. For more than 50 years he taught languages to the rich and famous and was the world's most sought-after language teacher.
- Author(s)Virginia Catmur
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication18/07/2014
- GenreLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Murray Learning
- Weight668 g
- Width171 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine68 mm
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time28080
- Edition StatementUnabridged revised ed
Most relevant reviews
- stephen_worthin...20 Jul, 2016by
Leads you in easily
I've used the first two disks and these lead you well into the language. Have not yet practised it with locals.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.