CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £4.55Trending at £4.80
- £25.99Trending at £30.88
- £22.57Trending at £23.30
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.10
About this product
- DescriptionThis book shows how new models by which to understand political history arose from the experience of modern despotic regimes. Here, the totalitarianism and political religions - are discussed and tested in terms of their usefulness.
- Author BiographyHans Maier, born on June 18, 1931 in Freiburg in Breisgau, is Emeritus Professor for Political Science and the Theory of Religion at the University of Munich. He was the Bavarian Minister of Culture and Science from 1970 to 1986 and President of the Central Committee of German Catholics from 1976 to 1986. Major publications include Revolution und Kirche (1959), in English, Revolution and Church: The Early History of Christian Democracy, 1789-1901 (London: University of Notre Dame Press, 1969). Also Die altere deutsch Staats- und Verwaltungslehre (1966), Die christliche Zeitrechnung (1991), Politische Religionen (1995) and Welt ohne Christentum - was ware anders? (1999).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/10/2004
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleTotalitarianism Movements and Political Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byHans Maier
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.