Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.67
- £19.99Trending at £22.65
- £9.24Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £30.79Trending at £34.35
- £16.99Trending at £18.63
- £15.72Trending at £22.83
About this product
- Author(s)Bianca Freire-Medeiros
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2014
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Sociology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note31 black & white illustrations, 29 black & white halftones, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: The Touristic Poverty. Part I 1. Slumming: The Discovery of the Other Half 2. Touring Poverty in the New Millennium: Places, Peoples and Practices Part II 3. A Trademark and a Tourist Destination 4. Tourism in The Largest Favela in Latin America 5. To Be or Not to Be a Favela Tourist? 6. Crafting (Mis)Recognition: The Touristic Favela and Its Souvenirs 7. Favelado Ain't No Sucker : Residents' Impressions on the Touristic Favela. Conclusion. Afterword. References. Index.
- Author BiographyBianca Freire-Medeiros is Senior Lecturer in Sociology at the Center for Research and Documentation on Brazilian Contemporary History (CPDOC) at the Getulio Vargas Foundation in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. She was a Research Fellow at the Center for Mobilities Research (CeMoRe) at Lancaster University.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.