CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £8.89Trending at £9.95
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £24.93Trending at £25.93
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
- £19.79Trending at £27.15
- £7.62Trending at £9.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers original insights into the broad and deep influences of tourism, and places them within the historical context of globalisation. The research undertaken on a Canary Island emphasises the indigenous experience, and makes cross-cultural comparisons, especially with island communities.
- Author BiographyDr Donald Macleod is a Research Fellow and Director of Crichton Tourism Research Centre at the University of Glasgow. He has a D.Phil in Social Anthropology from the University of Oxford and has taught at the University of London and Macalester College in the USA. Dr Macleod has researched in the Canary Islands, the Caribbean and Scotland on issues concerning tourism, globalisation, development, cultural change and identity. He has published widely including the books Niche Tourism in Question (editor) and Tourists and Tourism (co-editor).
- Author(s)Donald V. L. MacLeod
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication14/05/2004
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleTourism and Cultural Change
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Weight326 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.