Tourism and Tourism Spaces by Professor Gareth Shaw, Allan M. Williams (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £29.83+ £1.84 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books2aw
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £12.34Trending at £14.50
- £19.99Trending at £27.98
- £29.59Trending at £37.92
- £19.38Trending at £20.29
- £38.90Trending at £59.99
- £7.72Trending at £7.88
- £5.62Trending at £8.98
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduces students to the relationship between tourism, tourists, and the tourism spaces. The examination is at different levels - from local to global - and is informed by the discussion of three central processes: production, regulation, competition; consumption and commodification; and construction of tourist places and spaces.
- Author BiographyGareth Shaw is Professor of Retail and Tourism Management and Associate Dean of Research at the University of Exeter Business School. He has just completed an ESRC project on innovation in the hotel industry and is currently working on an ESRC follow-on project on Sustainable travel and Social Marketing. He is an Innovation Fellow at the Advanced Institute of Management, was formerly Professor of Human Geography at Exeter and has a BA and PhD in Human Geography. He has worked on numerous research projects related to retail development all of which have been funded by major grant awarding bodies. He is an expert on retail innovation and business history and in recent years has completed a large scale AHRC project on the impact of the supermarket on consumer behaviour in post-war Britain. In addition he has written widely within tourism and produced key texts on tourism studies. He has also acted as a consultant for many local, national and international organisations. These include UNESCO, The National Trust, American Express, The European Union and Amoco Oil. He is an elected member of the International Academy of Tourism. Allan studied Economics and Geography at University College Swansea, 1969-72, before completing his PhD at the LSE. After completing his doctoral thesis, he worked as a Research Fellow at the LSE on a project on'Change in Urban Britain', and in 1976-8 was Lecturer in Geography at the University of Durham. In 1978 he moved to the Geography Department at the University of Exeter, where he was successively Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Reader and then, from 1995, Professor of Human Geography and European Studies. He was Co-Director of the Centre for European Studies 1987-95. He also jointly established, with Gareth Shaw, an MSc in Tourism, Development and Policy at Exeter in 2000. He was appointed to the Chair in European Integration and Globalization at London Metropolitan in 2006, in the Institute for the Study of European Transformations, and the Working Lives Research Institute. He joined the Tourism Group in the Faculty of Management at Surrey in January 2011.
- Author(s)Allan M. Williams,Professor Gareth Shaw
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/03/2004
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight581 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.