Tourism and inequality: Problems and prospects by Nigel Morgan, S. Cole (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £26.51Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by better_world_books_uk
- Est. delivery by 29 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe analysis of a wide variety of case studies from around the world allows an exploration into the ways that tourism can be used positively to alleviate the impacts of social injustice. Providing a unique multidisciplinary perspective, the authors aim to lead the way towards a more socially responsible future for tourism practise.
- Author Biographyis a senior lecturer in tourism geography at the University of the West of England. Stroma combines her academic career with action research and consultancy. Most recently looking at tourism and water inequality in Bali and recently working for the UNDP in Sumatra, and the FCO in Mexico. She is the Chair of Tourism Concern, a charity fighting exploitation in tourism. PhD is Head of the Department of Business at Swansea University, UK. A strong proponent of advocacy scholarship, he was one of originators of the notion of hopeful tourism scholarship and is co-chair of the biennial Critical Tourism Studies Conference Series. Nigel has a background in leisure policy and public sector tourism and public relations management. He is passionately interested in the connections between tourism, social justice, identity and place and has written or edited 15 books in these areas. Nigel is an editorial board member of several leading international journals including Place Branding & Public Diplomacy, Hospitality & Society and Vacation Marketing and is an Associate Editor of the Annals of Tourism Research.
- Author(s)Nigel Morgan,S. Cole
- PublisherCABI Publishing
- Date of Publication11/01/2010
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWallingford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCABI Publishing
- Content Note32 illustrations
- Weight560 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £7.80Trending at £10.19
- £8.99Trending at £11.20
- £31.22Trending at £32.42
- £24.84Trending at £26.99
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £20.36Trending at £23.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.