All listings for this product
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
About this product
- Author(s)Board on Agriculture and Natural Resources,Committee on Twenty-First Century Systems Agriculture,Division on Earth and Life Studies,National Research Council
- PublisherNational Academies Press
- Date of Publication25/06/2010
- GenreAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Academies Press
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Table Of Contents1 Front Matter; 2 Executive Summary; 3 Summary; 4 1 Understanding Agricultural Sustainability; 5 2 A Pivotal Time in Agriculture; 6 3 Improving Productivity and Environmental Sustainability in U.S. Farming Systems; 7 4 Economic and Social Dimensions of the Sustainability of Farming Practices and Approaches; 8 5 Examples of Farming System Types for Improving Sustainability; 9 6 Drivers and Constraints Affecting the Transition to Sustainable Farming Practices; 10 7 Illustrative Case Studies; 11 8 Sustainable Agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa: Lessons Learned from the United States; 12 9 Conclusions and Recommendations; 13 Appendixes; 14 Appendix A: Statement of Task; 15 Appendix B: Biographical Sketches; 16 Appendix C: Presentations to the Committee on 21st Century Systems Agriculture; 17 Appendix D: Follow-up of the 1989 Case Studies Featured in Alternative Agriculture Report: Topics of Discussion During Telephone Interview; 18 Appendix E: Dairy Farms: Topics of Discussion During On-Farm Interview; 19 Appendix F: Grain Farms: Topics of Discussion During On-Farm Interview; 20 Appendix G: Specialty-Crop Farms: Topics of Discussion During On-Farm Interview
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.