All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Diana Heney
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in American Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight382 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface: Historical Orientation, Pressing Problems Part I: Ethics & Experience in Early American Pragmatism 1. Charles Sanders Peirce: The Roots of Pragmatist Ethics 2. William James: Radical Empiricist, Moral Philosopher 3. John Dewey: Champion of Inquiry 4. Clarence Irving Lewis: The Bridge to Today's Pragmatism Part II: Pragmatism & Problems in Contemporary Metaethics 5. A Pragmatist View of Truth in Moral Inquiry 6. A Pragmatist View of Principles in Moral Inquiry 7. Making Metaethics Matter
- Author BiographyDiana B. Heney is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Fordham University. She works in the history of American pragmatism, metaethics, and bioethics. Recent publications include 'Reality as Necessary Friction' in The Journal of Philosophy and 'Practitioner Narrative Competence in Mental Health Care' in Philosophy, Psychiatry & Psychology.
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £28.33Trending at £31.72
- £9.50Trending at £10.75
- £14.72Trending at £19.99
- £25.51Trending at £37.33
- £14.30Trending at £16.58
- £11.18Trending at £14.99
- £12.55Trending at £14.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.