All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores the foundations of ontogeny by asking how the development of living things should be understood. It explores key concepts of developmental biology, asks whether general principles of development can be discovered, and what the role of models and theories is in developmental biology.
- Author BiographyAlessandro Minelli was Professor of Zoology at the University of Padova, Italy, until his retirement in 2011. Following long years of research in biological systematics and phylogenetics, he later moved the focus of his activity towards evolutionary developmental biology. Founding member and former vice-president of the European Society of Evolutionary Biology, Minelli is member of the editorial board of Evolution & Development, Theory in Biosciences and Frontiers in Zoology. Thomas Pradeu is Associate Professor in Philosophy of Science at Paris-Sorbonne University. Trained in both philosophy and biology, he is particularly interested in conceptual and theoretical issues of immunology and developmental biology. His research has been published in scientific and philosophical journals, including Biological Theory, Biology and Philosophy, The Lancet, Nature Reviews Immunology, and The Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the USA.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight662 g
- Width190 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byAlessandro Minelli,Thomas Pradeu
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.