CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.54
- £13.11Trending at £19.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £19.99
- £18.33Trending at £24.00
- £7.00Trending at £8.50
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
About this product
- DescriptionIn Islamic culture, calligraphy has long been considered a quintessential art form. This beautiful writing practice constitutes an expression of piety, and calligraphers are among the most highly esteemed artists. This work portrays the world of the calligrapher during the early modern period of Islamic culture.
- Author BiographyMary McWilliams is the Norma Jean Calderwood Curator of Islamic and Later Indian Art at the Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Harvard University. David J. Roxburgh is a professor in the Department of Art and Architecture at Harvard University and author of The Persian Album, 1400--1600 (Yale).
- Author(s)David J. Roxburgh,Mary McWilliams
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication04/01/2008
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleMuseum of Fine Arts, Houston
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note61 colour illustrations
- Weight653 g
- Width229 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.