CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £10.35Trending at £11.00
- £8.69Trending at £9.13
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £8.91Trending at £9.94
- £24.93Trending at £25.91
- £11.71Trending at £12.83
- £21.48Trending at £29.17
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an inclusive vision of the global past-one that is meaningful and appropriate for the interdependent world of contemporary times.
- Author BiographyJerry H. Bentley was professor of history at the University of Hawai'i and editor of the Journal of World History. His research on the religious, moral, and political writings of Renaissance humanists led to the publication of Humanists and Holy Writ: New Testament Scholarship in the Renaissance (Princeton, 1983) and Politics and Culture in Renaissance Naples (Princeton, 1987). More recently, his research was concentrated on global history and particularly on processes of cross-cultural interaction. His book Old World Encounters: Cross-Cultural Contacts and Exchanges in Pre-Modern Times (New York, 1993) examines processes of cultural exchange and religious conversion before the modern era, and his pamphlet Shapes of World History in Twentieth-Century Scholarship (Washington, D.C., 1996) discusses the historiography of world history. His most recent publication is The Oxford Handbook of World History (Oxford, 2011), and he served as a member of the editorial team preparing the forthcoming Cambridge History of the World. Jerry Bentley passed away in July 2012. Herbert F. Ziegler is an associate professor of history at the University of Hawai'i. He has taught world history since 1980 and currently serves as director of the world history program at the University of Hawai'i. He also serves as book review editor of the Journal of World History. His interest in twentieth-century European social and political history led to the publication of Nazi Germany's New Aristocracy(1990). He is at present working on a study that explores from a global point of view the demographic trends of the past ten thousand years, along with their concomitant technological, economic, and social developments. His other current research project focuses on the application of complexity theory to a comparative study of societies and their internal dynamics.
- Author(s)Herbert F. Ziegler,Jerry H. Bentley
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleHistory
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Weight1013 g
- Width228 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.