All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores performances of Greek tragedies in Germany since 1800 as responses to particular political, social, and cultural milestones, shedding light on how, in a constantly changing political and cultural climate, they influenced the evolving cultural identity of the educated middle class over that period.
- Author BiographyErika Fischer-Lichte is Professor of Theatre Studies and the Director of the International Research Center 'Interweaving Performance Cultures' at Freie Universitat Berlin. She has published widely in the fields of theatre history, theory and aesthetics of theatre, comparative aesthetics, and contemporary theatre, including several monographs in English: History of European Drama and Theatre (Routledge, 2002; previously published in German in 1990), Theatre, Sacrifice, Ritual. Exploring Forms of Political Theatre (Routledge, 2005), The Transformative Power of Performance: A New Aesthetics (Routledge, 2008; previously published in German in 2004), The Routledge Introduction to Theatre and Performance Studies (Routledge, 2014; previously published in German in 2010), and Dionysus Resurrected. Performances of Euripides' The Bacchae in a Globalizing World (Wiley-Blackwell, 2014).
- Author(s)Erika Fischer-Lichte
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/05/2017
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleClassical Presences
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note49 black-and-white illustrations
- Weight718 g
- Width148 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine29 mm
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.01
- £32.33Trending at £34.13
- £13.79Trending at £20.02
- £6.40Trending at £7.49
- £13.99Trending at £20.98
- £9.70Trending at £10.24
- £20.62Trending at £29.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.