All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume engages with the work of E. Douglas Lewis, who has made major contributions to the understanding of Eastern Indonesia, ethnography, culture, and religion, as well as a neurobiologically informed anthropology.
- Author BiographyJulian C. H. Lee is Senior Lecturer in Global Studies at RMIT University and an Executive member of The Centre for Global Research. He is the author of Second Thoughts: On Malaysia, Globalisation, Society and Self (2015) and Policing Sexuality: Sex, Society, and the State (2011) and editor of Narratives of Globalization: Reflections on the Global Human Condition (2016). John M. Prior is Senior Lecturer in the post-graduate programme at St. Paul's Institute of Philosophy (STFK), Ledalero where he is also editor of the Institute's journal. He has written over 200 articles and book chapters and authored and co-edited some 40 books, including Menjebol Jeruji Prasangka: Membaca Alkitab dengan Jiwa [Breaking Through Barriers of Prejudice: Reading the Bible with Soul] (2010) and Church and Marriage in an Indonesian Village (1988). Thomas A. Reuter is Future Fellow of the Australian Research Council, located at the Asia Institute of The University of Melbourne. He was President of the Australian Anthropological Association (2002-2005) and served as Chair of the World Council of Anthropological Associations. He is the Senior Vice-President of the International Union of Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences and on the advisory board of Future Earth (Asia). He is the author and editor of numerous books including Averting a Global Environmental Collapse: The Role of Anthropology and Local Knowledge (2015), Sharing the Earth, Dividing the Land: Land and Territory in the Austronesian World (2006), and The House of Our Ancestors: Precedence and Dualism in Highland Balinese Society (2002).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication19/08/2016
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleAsian Thought and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number74
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note10 Illustrations, unspecified
- Weight640 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byJulian C. H. Lee,Thomas A. Reuter
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in History & Military
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.