All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first American frontier lay just beyond the Appalachian Mountains and along the Gulf Coast. Here, successive groups of pioneers built new societies and developed new institutions to cope with life in the wilderness. This book tells the dramatic story of these men and women from the first Kentucky settlements to the closing of the frontier.
- Author BiographyMalcolm J. Rohrbough is Professor of History at the University of Iowa and co-editor (with Walter Nugent) of the Indiana University Press series A History of the Trans-Appalachian Frontier.
- Author(s)Malcolm J. Rohrbough
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication09/01/2008
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleA History of the Trans-Appalachian Frontier
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note13 b&w photos
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementThird Edition
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £28.33Trending at £31.61
- £33.06Trending at £44.78
- £19.32Trending at £27.39
- £7.50Trending at £9.38
- £25.51Trending at £37.19
- £14.30Trending at £16.54
- £19.20Trending at £29.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.