All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2013
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white tables, 93 black & white halftones
- Weight680 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byJeffrey Hou
- Table Of ContentsPreface Jeffrey Hou Part One. Placemaking at the Margins 1 Transcultural Placemaking: Intertwined Spaces of Sacred and Secular on Devon Avenue, Chicago Arijit Sen 2 Brazilian Restaurants and the Transcultural Making of Place in Tokyo, Japan Vera Zambonelli 3 West African Immigrants' Hybrid Spaces and Identities in Rainier Valley, Seattle Rachel Miller 4 The Sin Oh Dan Street Lion Dance Competition: a Temporary Space for Cross-cultural Understanding Jayde Lin Roberts Part Two. Placemaking in the Space of Flows 5 The Korean Diaspora in Philippine Cities: Amalgamation or Invasion? Jose Edgardo Gomez, Jr. 6 The Transcultural Production of Space: Making Little Shanghai in Sydney Duangfang Lu & Hongguang He 7 Listening to Transcultural Voices, Watching out for Trans-Asian Places: Kampung Kanthan in Transition Shenglin Elijah Chang & Yenchew Foo 8 Everyday Places that Connect Disparate Homelands: Remembering through the City Clare Rishbeth Part Three. Bridging Spaces of Difference 9 We are the Fruit Bowl : Place, Cultural Identity and Social Ties among Immigrant Residents in Public Housing Lynne C. Manzo 10 Spaces of Negotiation and Engagement in Multi-ethnic Ethnoscapes: The Cambodia Town Neighborhood in Central Long Beach, California Felicity Hwee-Hwa Chan 11 From a Neighborhood of Strangers to a Political Community of Fate: The Village of Market Creek Plaza Michael Rios 12Dumb White Kids and Asian Nerds? Race and Ethnic Relations in Silicon Valley Suburban Schools Willow Lung Amam Part Four. Building Communities across Cultures 13 The Road Less Travelled: Transcultural Community Building Caitlin Cahill 14 Creating Political and Social Spaces for Transcultural Community Integration Trinh Mai & Kimberly Schmit 15 Transcultural Participation: Designing with Immigrant Communities in Seattle's International District Jeffrey Hou 16 Urban Agriculture as Agricultural Producer Adam Prince Part Five. Struggles for Transcultural Cities 17 What's Parks Got to Do with It? Latino Children, Physical Activity, and the Parks System in Lancaster, Pennsylvania Mallika Bose & Kirk Dimond 18 Placemaking In Between Urban Redevelopment: Little Indonesia in Taipei Hung-Ying Chen 19 Regulation and Reception of Public Space in Hong Kong Kin Wai Michael Siu 20 Peripheralization and Other Roman Stories Lorenzo Rinelli Notes on Contributors
- Author BiographyJeffrey Hou is Associate Professor and Chair of Landscape Architecture at the University of Washington.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £22.56
- £4.60Trending at £6.19
- £12.06Trending at £12.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.