All listings for this product
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.25Trending at £12.53
- £3.94Trending at £4.02
- £14.01Trending at £20.37
- £7.99Trending at £8.33
- £11.94Trending at £18.98
- £6.99Trending at £7.10
- £10.58Trending at £12.92
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Evelyn ranks with his friend Samuel Pepys as one of the best loved of English diarists. This is a study of a controversial episode of his life: his 'seraphic' friendship with Margaret Godolphin, a maid of honour at the Restoration court of Charles II. It also provides insights into the sexual and spiritual worlds of early modern England.
- PrizesWinner of Winner of the Samuel Pepys Award 2005 Joint Second - Wolfson History Prize Winner 2003.
- Author(s)Frances Harris
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2003
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2003
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note8pp halftone plates
- Weight658 g
- Width163 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.