All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £21.51Trending at £25.63
- £19.50Trending at £25.49
- £24.60Trending at £26.48
- £21.47Trending at £22.95
- £18.19Trending at £18.73
- £18.07Trending at £20.98
- £13.43Trending at £19.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis easy to read manual on food overproduction and overconsumption highlights alarming global data and discusses food waste and its relationship with the need for a more ethical and ecological society.
- Author BiographyAndrea Segre is a Professor, Economist and Agronomist. He holds a PhD in Agricultural Economics from the University of Bologna and Cornell University and a Masters Degree in Politiques Agricoles et Administration du Developpement from the Institut Agronomique Mediterraneen de Montpellier in France. He is currently Dean and Professor of Comparative and International Agricultural Policy and Policies for Agricultural Development at the University of Bologna Faculty of Agriculture. He has published over 200 articles on food policy and the correlation between food waste, distribution, trade, and ethics. Professor Segre is also President of Last Minute Market, an academic spin-off from the University of Bologna which provides innovative services for the recovery and reuse of unsold food and goods. In 2010, he promoted the initiative One Year Against Waste sponsored by the European Parliament Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development. Silvia Gaiani holds a Masters Degree in International Relations and a PhD in International Cooperation and Policies for Sustainable Development from the University of Bologna, Italy. She is currently a Researcher in Agricultural Economics at the University of Bologna Faculty of Agriculture. Dr Gaiani has also conducted applied research in Europe and Asia focusing on food policies and the environmental and socio-economic impact of food waste. She also works as a consultant for the World Meteorological Organization of the United Nations.
- Author(s)Andrea Segre,Silvia Gaiani
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication19/10/2011
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight446 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.