All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Pat Guy
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/05/2015
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleDavid Fulton / Nasen
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables
- Weight298 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Table Of Contents1. Practical ways to identify barriers to reading development, with strategies to help students overcome weaknesses in language, concentration and memory. 2. Helping to support the individual in withdrawal lessons: improving comprehension, using assessment tools and training reading mentors. 3. Developing reading skills through mainstream lessons: identifying suitable resources, teaching reading techniques and improving reading speed. 4. Organising whole school reading events, working with parents, carers, librarians and the local community. 5. Stand alone reading lessons for specialist teachers or mainstream staff to use in PHSE, Form Periods or Study Skills sessions. 6. Practical exercises, advice sheets and hand-outs to support staff, parents, carers and students. 7.
- Author BiographyPat Guy is an experienced teacher who has taught pupils with reading difficulties in mainstream schools for over twenty-five years.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.09
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £14.94Trending at £18.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.65
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.