All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses the challenges facing translators of fictional works from German into English using as examples English translations of canonical German novellas by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Theodor Storm, Gerhart Hauptmann, Thomas Mann and Franz Kafka.
- Author BiographyMarc J. Schweissinger is Language Tutor in the School of European Languages, Translation and Politics at Cardiff University. He studied German philology and history at the University of Kassel, where he later taught courses in German literature and linguistics as a lecturer. He has published in both English and German in the fields of modern German literature, German language and translation studies.
- Author(s)Marc J. Schweissinger
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication18/02/2014
- GenreEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleGerman Linguistic and Cultural Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number27
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note0
- Weight420 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £43.55Trending at £50.00
- £24.99Trending at £26.61
- £19.67Trending at £20.71
- £63.23Trending at £93.31
- £9.22Trending at £9.90
- £13.17Trending at £19.38
- £20.33Trending at £23.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.