All listings for this product
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £28.42Trending at £35.24
- £17.22Trending at £18.29
- £9.64Trending at £10.01
- £11.55Trending at £19.04
About this product
- DescriptionThis book takes a pragmatic/semiotic approach to real-life translating for the stage and screen, with a view to showing the potential of systematic linguistic analysis to reveal aspects of meaning-making.
- Author BiographyMaria Sidiropoulou is Professor of Translation Studies in the Faculty of English at the University of Athens, Greece, and was President of the Interuniversity-Interfaculty Translation-Translatology MA Programme Committee (2009-2011). Her research tackles pragmatically-oriented phenomena and intercultural issues manifested through English-Greek translation practice in the press, in advertising, in the EU, in literature, and on stage and screen.
- Author(s)Maria Sidiropoulou
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication09/03/2012
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementUnabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.