CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £15.97
About this product
- Author(s)Lawrence Venuti
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Table Of Contents1. Translation, Community, Utopia 2. The Difference that Translation Makes: The Translator's Unconscious 3. Translating Derrida on Translation: Relevance and Disciplinary Resistance 4. Translating Jacopone da Todi: Archaic Poetries and Modern Audiences 5. Retranslations: The Creation of Value 6. How to Read a Translation 7. Local Contingencies: Translation and National Identities 8. Translation, Simulacra, Resistance 9. Translation on the Book Market 10. Teaching in Translation 11. The Poet's Version; or, An Ethics of Translation 12. Translation Studies and World Literature 13. Translation Trebled: Ernest Farre's Edward Hopper in English 14. Towards a Translation Culture
- Author BiographyLawrence Venuti, professor of English at Temple University, is a translation theorist and historian as well as a translator from Italian, French, and Catalan. He is a member of the editorial board of The Translator: Studies in Intercultural Communication. In 1998, he edited a special issue of The Translator devoted to translation and minority.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.