All listings for this product
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £7.12Trending at £10.00
- £27.30Trending at £29.05
- £11.43Trending at £12.24
- £10.20Trending at £12.99
- £14.98Trending at £21.39
- £28.89Trending at £30.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe history of translation has focused on literary work but this book demonstrates the way in which political control can influence and be influenced by translation choices. New research and specially commissioned essays give access to existing research projects which at present are either scattered or unavailable in English.
- Author BiographyRUI PINA COELHO is a Researcher at the Centre for Theatre Studies of the University of Lisbon, Portugal, and lectures at the Advanced School for Theatre and Cinema (also in Lisbon) FRANK-RUTGER HAUSMANN held a chair in Romance Studies at the University of Freiburg, Germany, until his retirement in 2006 FRANCESCA NOTTOLA is currently preparing her PhD dissertation in Italian Studies at the University of Manchester in the UK MATTHEW PHILPOTTS is Senior Lecturer in German Studies at the University of Manchester, UK MARIO RUBINO is Professor of Modern German Literature at the University of Palermo, Italy TERESA SERUYA is Full Professor in the Department of Germanic Studies at the Arts Faculty of the University of Lisbon, Portugal, where she teaches Germanic literature and culture, and the History of Translation and Translation Theory JEROEN VANDAELE is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Oslo, Norway
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication27/10/2010
- GenrePolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteX, 285 p.
- Weight500 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byChristopher Rundle,Kate Sturge
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.