All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a collection of essays on the continuing debates over medium specificity and the politics of the digital arts. This book stages debates across essays, creating dialogues that give different narrative accounts of what is historically and ideologically at stake in medium specificity and digital politics.
- Author BiographyMarsha Kinder is an Emerita University Professor of Critical Studies at University of Southern California's School of Cinematic Arts and the author of many books, including Playing with Power and Blood Cinema. Since 1997, she has directed The Labyrinth Project, an art collective and research initiative on database narrative, which has produced twelve interactive projects (DVDs, websites, and installations). Her latest online project is interactingwithautism.com. She is also a longtime member of the Editorial Board of Film Quarterly and is currently working on a book titled Database Narrative in the Light of Neuroscience. Tara McPherson is Associate Professor at the University of Southern California's School of Cinematic Arts; author of the Cawelti Award--winning Reconstructing Dixie; editor of Digital Youth, Innovation, and the Unexpected; coeditor of Hop on Pop: The Politics and Pleasures of Popular Culture; a founding editor of both the International Journal of Learning and Media and of the online media journal Vectors. She is the Lead Investigator of the Alliance for Networking Visual Culture and is completing Designing for Difference, based upon ten years of digital production collaborations.
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication25/07/2014
- GenreCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note26 b/w images
- Weight930 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMarsha Kinder,Tara McPherson
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £9.99Trending at £12.73
- £16.59Trending at £19.03
- £18.29Trending at £22.83
- £7.58Trending at £7.85
- £13.16Trending at £17.97
- £23.39Trending at £31.31
- £15.28Trending at £20.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.