CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.08Trending at £10.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.77
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.20
- £15.21Trending at £18.61
- £13.83Trending at £19.88
About this product
- DescriptionWithout denying the difficulties that confront migrants and their distant kin, this volume highlights the agency of family members in transnational processes of care, in an effort to acknowledge the transnational family as an increasingly common family form and to question the predominantly negative conceptualisations of this type of family.
- Author BiographyLoretta Baldassar is Professor in the Department of Anthropology and Sociology at the University of Western Australia and Adjunct Principal Research Fellow, School of Political and Social Inquiry, Monash University. Laura Merla is a sociologist and Deputy Director of the Interdisciplinary Research Centre on Families and Sexualities (CIRFASE) at the Catholic University of Louvain (Belgium).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/09/2013
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Transnationalism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables, 3 black & white halftones, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byLaura Merla,Loretta Baldassar
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.