Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.08Trending at £9.18
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £9.09Trending at £11.04
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.22
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a tendency to consider all refugees as 'vulnerable victims': an attitude reinforced by the stream of images depicting refugees living in abject conditions. This study of Somalis in a Kenyan refugee camp reveals the inadequacy of such assumptions by describing the personal and social histories that refugees bring with them to the camps.
- Author BiographyCindy Horst holds a PhD in Anthropology and completed a foundation year at the Refugee Studies Centre at Oxford University. She carried out extensive fieldwork amongst Somalis in Kenyan refugee camps and towns between 1995 and 2001 and in Europe and also worked for a refugee-assisting NGO. Cindy has recently been appointed Senior Researcher at the International Peace Research Institute, Oslo.
- Author(s)Cindy Horst
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication04/12/2007
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleStudies in Forced Migration
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 19
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight343 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.