All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Thomas Adam
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication26/07/2016
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitlePalgrave Macmillan Transnational History Series
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note10 colour illustrations, 24 black & white tables, biography
- Weight519 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Table Of Contents.- Introduction: Transnational Spaces in History. .- Chapter 1: The Monds: A Transnational Family. .- Chapter 2: Gifts to the Nations: Ludwig Mond's Art Collections in London and Rome. .- Chapter 3: Transnational Giving in the Age of National Confrontation: Ludwig Mond's Bequests for the University of Heidelberg, the Academy of Fine Arts in Munich, and the City of Cassel. .- Chapter 4: Why Some Wealthy Give: Sir Alfred and Sir Robert Mond's Attitudes towards Philanthropy. .- Chapter 5: The Transnational Excavation of Ancient Egypt and Palestine. .- Conclusion: Constructing Transnational Spaces.
- Author BiographyThomas Adam is Professor of Transnational History at the University of Texas at Arlington. He has published extensively in the field of transnational history and the history of philanthropy. His publications include Buying Respectability: Philanthropy and Urban Society in Transnational Perspective and Intercultural Transfers and the Making of the Modern World.
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.32
- £24.31Trending at £34.91
- £9.41Trending at £16.95
- £9.53Trending at £14.94
- £7.60Trending at £9.97
- £18.98Trending at £29.93
- £7.60Trending at £8.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.