Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.32Trending at £12.34
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
- £11.77Trending at £14.47
About this product
- DescriptionThe first edited collection to systematically survey the variety and complexity of transnational experiences and encounters within American Jewish history.
- Author BiographyAva F. Kahn is a former research associate at the Western Jewish History Center of the Magnes Museum and fellow at the California Studies Center, Berkeley. Her publications include Jewish Voices of the California Gold Rush: A Documentary History 1849-1880 (Wayne State University Press, 2002), Jewish Life in the American West, California Jews, co-edited with Marc Dollinger, and Jews of the Pacific Coast: Reinventing Community on America's Edge, co-authored with Ellen Eisenberg and William Toll. At present she is working on a documentary film on Jewish reinvention in the post-1960s America and researching the role of American Jews in the military and in the home front during WWI. Adam D. Mendelsohn is associate professor of Jewish studies and Director of the Pearlstine/Lipov Center for Southern Jewish Culture at the College of Charleston. He is the author of The Rag Race: How Jews Sewed their Way to Success in America and British Empire (New York University Press, 2014), and editor, with Jonathan D. Sarna, of Jews and the Civil War: A Reader.
- PublisherWayne State University Press
- Date of Publication03/11/2014
- Language(s)English, Multiple languages
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationDetroit, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWayne State University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byAdam E. Mendelsohn,Ava Fran Kahn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.