Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £29.78Trending at £31.48
- £14.30Trending at £21.82
- £10.09Trending at £12.93
- £7.57Trending at £8.45
- £28.88Trending at £30.46
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/12/2014
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleAsia's Transformations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables, 8 black & white halftones, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byYasemin Nuhoglu Soysal
- Table Of Contents1. Mapping the Terrain of Transnationalization: Nation, Citizenship, and Region, Yasemin Soysal Part I: Institutionalized Projects 2. Citizenship as National and Transnational Enterprise: How Education Shapes Regional and Global Relevance, Yasemin Soysal and Suk Ying Wong 3. Synthesizing the National and the Cosmos : The Case of Life Sciences in China, Joy Yueyue Zhang 4. From Resistance to Attractiveness: The Politics of Values and Regionalism in East Asia, David Leheny Part II: Mobilities 5. Creative East-West Cosmopolitanism? The Changing Role of International Mobility for Young Japanese Contemporary Artists, Adrian Favell 6. Eating One's Way to Sophistication: Japanese Food, Transnational Flows and Social Mobility in Hong Kong, Yoshiko Nakano 7. Immigration, Nationhood, and Transnationalization in Industrialized East Asia, John D. Skrentny and Jack Jin Gary Lee Part III: Imaginaries 8. Single Women and Cosmopolitan Re-imaginings of Gendered Citizenship in Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Tokyo, Lynne Y. Nakano 9. The Changing Transnational Imagery of the Good Nation and the Ainu in Japan, Kiyoteru Tsutsui 10. Japan's Place in the World: Transformations of National Imaginings of Geography, Alexis Dudden Part IV: Possibilities 11. Generational Shift in a Transnational World: Civic Orientations of Taiwanese Youth, Ly-Yun Chang and Tony Tam 12. Cultural Citizenship and Prospects for Japan as a Multicultural Nation, Koichi Iwabuchi 13. National, Regional, and Global Dynamics in East Asia: Historical Legacies and Contemporary Forces, Mark Selden
- Author BiographyYasemin Nuhoglu Soysal is Professor of Sociology at University of Essex, UK.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.