Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.01Trending at £12.34
- £11.71Trending at £14.47
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
About this product
- DescriptionTransnational Turkish Islam provides an overview of Turkish organized Islam in seven European countries. It shows how Turkish Islamic organizations have developed from typical migrant associations in the 1970s and 1980s into present-day European Islamic associations with their own cultural and religious specificities and agendas.
- Author BiographyThijl Sunier is Professor of Anthropology at VU University Amsterdam, Netherlands. He specializes in Islam in Europe, transnational religious activism, and religious authority. He conducted research among Turkish youth in France, Germany, Great Britain and the Netherlands, research on nation-building and multiculturalism in France and The Netherlands, and research on Islamic community building and religious authority. Nico Landman is Associate Professor of Islamic Studies and Coordinator of Religious Studies at Utrecht University, Netherlands. His research focus is on the institutionalisation of Islam in Western Europe.
- Author(s)Nico Landman,Thijl Sunier
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/12/2014
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Pivot
- Content Notebiography
- Weight339 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.