Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £21.79Trending at £22.10
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- Date of Publication13/11/2013
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleNATO Science for Peace and Security Series C: Environmental Security
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note64 black & white illustrations, 34 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight444 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byLionel Mercury,Michael Zilberbrand,Niels Tas
- Edition Statement2014 ed.
- Table Of ContentsConfined water in complex networks: unifying our understanding of pore water and solutes at all scales; L. Mercury et al.- Interactions in water across interfaces: from nano to macro-scale perspective; R. M. Espinosa-Marzal.- Theme 1: Flow, from nano- to mega-scale; J. Eijkel.-Confined water in carbon nanotubes and its applications; S.K. Youn et al.- Static and dynamic capillarity in silicon based nanochannels; N. Tas et al.- Confined water in saturated and non-saturated media: Infrared signature and thermodynamic properties; I. Bergonzi, L. Mercury.- Interchange of Infiltrating and Resident Water in Partially Saturated Media; B. Berkowitz.- Impact of heterogeneity on evaporation from bare soils; S. Assouline et al.- Theme 2: Ions, Hydration and Transport; R. Karnik.- Enhanced Ion Transport in 2-nm Silica Nanochannels; C. Duan.- Ionic and Molecular Transport through Graphene Membranes; R. Karnik.- Molecular structure and dynamics of molecular water: computer simulations of aqueous species in clay, cement, and polymer membranes; A.G. Kalinichev.- Two generalizations of the theory of seismoelectric effect: Parameterization providing suitability of Frenkel's theory for any geometry of soil's pore space. The role of thermoosmosis in seismoelectric effect; V.N. Shilov.- Theme 3. In-channels/pores cavitation; A.R. Imre, J.S. Sperry.- Evaporation-Induced Cavitation in Nanofluidic channels: Dynamics and Origin; C. Duan.- Electrocavitation in nanochannels; D.S. van Schoot et al.- Stability and negative pressure in bulk and confined liquids; A.R. Imre.- Experimental superheating and cavitation of water and solutions at spinodal-like negative pressures; L. Mercury, K.I. Shmulovich.- Plant water transport and cavitation; T. Holtta, J. Sperry.- Theme 4: Crystallization under confinement; M. Steiger, M. Prat.- Crystal growth and phase equilibria in porous materials; M. Steiger.- Shaping the interface - interactions between confined water and the confining solid; D.K. Dysthe.- Geochemistry of capillary hydrogeochemical systems in arid environments; A. Lassin et al.- Evaporation from a porous medium in the presence of salt crystallization; M. Prat.- Micro-CT analysis to explore salt precipitation impact on porous media permeability; N. Weisbrodet al.- Reactive Transport in Heterogeneous Media; H. Scher , B. Berkowitz.- Extraction of water from the atmosphere in arid areas by employing composites a salt inside a porous matrix ; L. Gordeeva, Yu. Aristov.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.