All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Memoirs of this fascinating figure deal mainly with his travels in the Balkans, and specifically in the remote and wild mountains of northern Albania, in the years from 1903 to 1914. They thus cover the period of Ottoman Rule, the Balkan Wars and the outbreak of the First World War.
- Author Biographyhe Austro-Hungarian aristocrat of Transylvanian origin, Baron Franz Nopcsa (1877-1933), was one of the most adventuresome travelers and scholars of Southeast Europe in the early decades of the twentieth century. He was also a paleontologist of renown and a noted geologist of the Balkan Peninsula : many of his assumptions have been confirmed by science. Robert Elsie is writer, translator, interpreter and specialist in Albanian studies
- PublisherCentral European University Press
- Date of Publication10/11/2013
- GenreAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationBudapest
- Country of PublicationHungary
- ImprintCentral European University Press
- Content Note14 black and white photos
- Edited byRobert Elsie
- Translated byRobert Elsie
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £10.14Trending at £10.36
- £12.29Trending at £12.53
- £4.85Trending at £4.92
- £6.99Trending at £7.10
- £6.60Trending at £6.99
- £14.01Trending at £20.37
- £11.94Trending at £20.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.